Your application begins at apply.lds.org.
You can use this one application to apply to any of the CES schools: BYU, BYU-Hawaii, BYU-Idaho, or the LDS Business College. If you submit your application and later choose to apply to another, you may have to withdraw your submitted application in order to complete additional required information.
The profile section requires biographical information such as your citizenship, contact details and other information. Be prepared to enter your LDS account and password (if applicable).
This section requires your Educational History, Recommendations, Essays, and Activities information:
In this section you will report your academic work from high school or college, including college credits you may have completed while in high school. Use the links below for help with completing this step:
- Transcript and Score Submission
- AP/IB Guides
- Evaluating and Submitting International Work
- Instructions for Homeschooled Applicants
BYU requires recommendations. Plan ahead. It is your responsibility to work with your ecclesiastical leaders, seminary teachers, and other recommenders to ensure that their recommendations get submitted in time. Only recommendations asked for and submitted via the application will be accepted or considered for admission purposes. Unsolicited recommendations will not be considered, made part of an application, or kept. Recommendation types are listed below:
- Ecclesiastical endorsement – All applicants will need to have an ecclesiastical endorsement. This includes agreeing to abide by the Honor Code and the Dress and Grooming Standards (Honor Code). Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will need to meet with the bishop and a member of their stake presidency from the ward/stake in which their records are located. Currently-serving missionaries will have one interview with their mission president.
- If you are not a member of the Church, you have the option of completing the endorsement with your own religious leader or with a local Latter-day Saint bishop or mission president (to find a local Latter-day Saint leader, enter your address into the meetinghouse locator tool).
- Seminary Recommendation – If required, a request will be sent to your seminary teacher to complete a recommendation.
- High School Teacher – The high school teacher recommender can be anyone that taught a class that counted towards the completion of either a math, English, or science requirement in your junior or senior year. You will need to supply their email address in your application.
- Other – This recommendation can be anyone that knows you well that is not a relative. You will need to supply their email address in your application.
Read the prompts carefully. Tell us about the experiences and characteristics that are important to you as an individual. Be genuine and use your best writing skills.
You will be asked to write about two activities you have been involved with in this section.
Submitting the Application
The status page will list everything required for your application and whether it is complete or not. You cannot submit your application until each requirement is complete.
The submit button is found at the bottom of the status page. Once you have submitted your application, if you wish to change or provide additional information in the future, you may be required to withdraw your application.
Incomplete applications are not considered. Please be aware of the application deadlines. Begin your application early to ensure you have enough time to submit.