Freshmen are students who have not completed any college/university work following high school graduation/secondary education completion.
Click here if you are a homeschooled applicant
Click here if you are an international applicant
The Online Application
Admission Application Tips
- Please note that housing options are dependent upon what is available on any given room selection date.
- Students who choose to apply for and attend summer term will have priority selection for fall on-campus housing and fall class registration.
- Students should apply for the semester or term for which they wish to attend. Requests to change beginning semesters may not be accommodated.
- The admission criteria are the same for all entry dates. One semester or term is not easier to get into over another.
- Applicants intending to serve an LDS mission can view full information about deferring here.
- Applicants will need to submit a transcript for any concurrent college credit received.
- Any international work must be submitted through IERF or WES. See Evaluating International Work for more information. BYU will only accept official US-accredited transcripts without an evaluation.