Homeschooled Applicants

  • Homeschool

As part of the application, you are required to submit any high school or university work completed through an institution accredited by any of the following regional accrediting agencies:

  • Middle States Association of Colleges & Schools (MSA)
  • New England Association of Schools & Colleges (NEASC)
  • North Central Association of Colleges & Schools (NCA)
  • Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC)
  • Southern Association of Colleges & Schools (SACS)
  • Western Association of Schools & Colleges (WASC)
  • AdvancED

Homeschooled students will be treated as Freshmen as long as they have not completed any college work following the age when their peers would have graduated from high school. Applicants in this situation will need to take the ACT or SAT.

If their peers have graduated, they will need to take the ACT or SAT until they have completed 24 or more graded college credits.

Applicants who will not graduate from high school or complete secondary school through home schooling as required by the applicant’s state may be required to submit a GED or state recognized high school equivalency exam. If a student will be required to complete a GED or other state recognized high school equivalency exam, it will appear as a requirement on the status page. 

For more information on policies regarding our homeschooled applicants and for scholarship information, call Admission Services at (801) 422-5000 and ask to speak with one of our homeschooling specialists.