Transfer Applicants are students who attended one or more college or university after completion of secondary education/high school.
Transfer Student with fewer than 24 graded credits – submit all required application parts. You will be required to submit transcripts of any college/university work you have completed in addition to your high school work. An ACT or SAT score will be required.
Transfer Student with 24 or more graded credits – submit all required application parts. You will be required to submit transcripts of any college/university work you have completed.
Click here if you are an international applicant
The Online Application
Admission Application Tips
- Students should apply for the semester or term for which they wish to attend. Requests to change beginning semesters may not be accommodated.
- The admission criteria are the same for all entry dates. One semester or term is not easier to get into over another.
- Applicants intending to serve an LDS mission can view full information about deferring here.
- Applicants will need to submit a transcript for any concurrent college credit received.
- Students who have completed a bachelor’s degree are not eligible for a second bachelor’s degree from BYU, but are welcome to apply to BYU graduate programs.
- Transfer applicants with 90 or more graded semester credit hours are unlikely to be admitted.
- For transfer guides, transfer evaluations, and transfer contact information, please visit: transfer.byu.edu
- International college or university work must be submitted through IERF or WES. See Evaluating International Work for more information. BYU will only accept official US-accredited transcripts without an evaluation.